Helicopter Accident Claims Lives of Pilot and Photographer in New Jersey

Tragic Incident: Helicopter Accident Claims Lives of Pilot and Photographer in New Jersey

Helicopter Accident Claims Lives : A tragic incident occurred after 8 p.m. in the woods of Wharton State Forest in Hammonton, New Jersey. A news helicopter crashed during its return from an assignment at the Jersey Shore, resulting in the unfortunate deaths of both the pilot and the photographer on board, as reported by WPVI-TV in Philadelphia.

The television station refrained from disclosing the names of the deceased crew members until their families could be notified. On Wednesday morning, reporter Katherine Scott, near the crash site, expressed deep sorrow, stating, “Our hearts are just broken for these men. They’re broken for their families.”

Video footage captured from a WTXF-TV helicopter showcased the wreckage site in Wharton State Forest, revealing scattered debris, some of which was on fire or emitting smoke. In the darkness, authorities were seen conducting a search using flashlights.

The reason behind the crash remained unclear in the immediate aftermath.

Early Wednesday, New Jersey State Park Police discovered the wreckage just over an hour after receiving a report of a missing helicopter, according to George Fedorczyk, the chief of the department. An official from the Federal Aviation Administration arrived shortly after 3 a.m.

George Fedorczyk stated during a morning news conference, “Due to the remote location of the scene and the limited visibility, it was determined at that point that the investigation would be suspended until sometime after daybreak. Know that our thoughts are with the pilots, their families, and the media community.” He further mentioned that the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) would be taking charge of the investigation and dispatching officials to the crash site.

According to WPVI-TV, the helicopter involved was leased from U.S. Helicopters Inc., based in North Carolina. A spokesperson from the company declined to comment on Wednesday morning. Requests for comments were also sent on Wednesday to New Jersey State Police, the New Jersey State Park Police, and the FAA.

Leave a Comment